I would like to thank Kate at The Less Defined Mind for nominating me for this questionnaire, to get started, here are the answers:
1. What made you start blogging?
I have a thing about cyber business, whatever derives from secret code language and turn into stories and images fascinates me, especially finding out ‘blogging’ is a free-will publishing, that definitely ticks the box for me! So here I am iPhone or iPad in hand, I tell the world whatever I think about, bla bla bla…
2. What was your first ever post about?
My first ever post is a travel journal to ‘The Enchanted Forrest’ in Scotland. You can still read it here.
3. What has most surprised you about blogging?
It has dictated my life a little – two months on since I started. Say no Facebook follower in a day would throw me off the roof, I got so frustrated! Then it strikes me this is ‘a business’, as such it requires commitment and patience. So I get it now…
4. Tell me a fact nobody knows about you. (Don’t feel obliged to share your deepest, darkest secret – but do feel free to.)
When I was at college, I had directed a stage show for the Annual Talent Competition within the college amongst 500 students. Our show is based on Audrey Hepburn‘sRoman Holiday. Although it didn’t win a prize in the end. My dream of directing something of my own is still on!
5. What did you collect as a child? (Come on, there must have been something? Be creative – detentions and wishes both count; pounds [weight] and inches [height] don’t.)
When I was a teenager, I used to collect music tape cassettes, there are hundreds and hundreds of them. Then when the music streaming age arrived, they were cleared out of my old bedroom at my mum’s house.
6. Pen and paper or laptop?
Laptop or iPad 75% of the time, the rest of time Pen & paper.
7. What’s your idea of the perfect day?
As I am still a full-time working mum, I’d say a perfect day would be a day that is: stress-free at work; no major traffic on the way to pick up my dear son; arriving home, Hubby already cooked the tea for the night; at meal time no major falling out between daughter and son; after the little one going to bed, I get about more than an hour free time to write a bit for my blog without any nagging from my 9-year-old about 9pm bedtime is ridiculous etc… But it probably happens just once a month lol
8. People would be shocked to know that you secretly have a soft spot for…?
Caterpillar – yeh I know… They turn into butterflies in the end, don’t they?!
9. What’s the story behind your blog name?
Straight-forward and simply, just me, works as career women myself, serves as a mum by choice, and Working Mum Kitty is a catchy name to remember I’d believe!
10. Would you sell your blog for a million fat ones?
Oh yeh – if really I’m that lucky… Trust me that’s not gonna happen…
Now I’m passing the baton onto:
Charlotte Harding at Juniors Blogger;
Penny Eccles at Breakfast Club Mum;
Kay Elizabeth Burgess at Mummy B
Link back to the blogger who nominated you, answer their 10 questions and add the badge to your post. Write your own 10 questions and tag as many willing bloggers as you can find to answer them.
Ladies, my ten questions please:
- What or who inspired you on blogging?
- How long have you blogged so far?
- What the most difficulties facing you while blogging?
- What do your friends and family say about your blogging?
- The most joyful moment with friends or family?
- Where is your dream holiday destination?
- What is your favourite animal?
- How often do you dye your hair?
- Do you use any business organiser/calendar to help your blogging schedule?
- Do you blog as a hobby or a serious business?
I look forward to seeing what you ladies come up with!