Many of us tend to take away more clothes than we need.
To avoid this, you need to create a capsule wardrobe for your holiday, which will allow you to mix and match several items easily…
Colour code – stick to a few key colors from your palette and build your holiday wardrobe around them. Be sure to include neutral shades for pieces like trousers/skirts so they can be worn with multiple tops and accessories.
Lay out your shoes/accessories – and then halve them. Providing you have footwear suitable for any activities you’ll be doing whilst you’re away, you don’t need to take multiple options. With accessories, just a couple of key pieces will see you through. As for bags – one daytime/beach bag and one for the evening should suffice.
A few simple tricks will ensure you maximize your suitcase space and ensure your clothes arrive in pristine condition…
- Pack light clothes inside out to ensure they don’t mark or pick up stains in transit.
- Roll your clothes rather than folding them – this saves space and reduces crinkles.
- Utilize the space in your shoes by rolling smaller items like underwear and popping them inside.
- Use ziplock bags to pack gadgets and toiletries.
Thinking practically can make a huge difference when traveling.
- Wear your heaviest items of clothing to travel. That way, you can snuggle up on the plane, which is often cold, as well as save precious space in your suitcase.
- Invest in lightweight luggage so you can use as much of your baggage allowance for clothes as possible.
- Take a carry-on with a few items to freshen up with and a change of underwear, so you’re feeling fabulous when you reach your destination.
- Slip-on shoes offer ease at airport security and comfort, as most of us will experience a little swelling while on a flight.
We Hope you have a good holiday!